Monday, January 31, 2011

Love Notes


With the start of February just around the corner, I get thinking about Valentine's Day, and in doing so remembered this beautiful love note Jack wrote for me a couple of months ago. Truth be told, I actually remembered it because I found it in a pile of stuff that had accumulated on my desk, and I was so glad I had (inadvertently) saved it.

I remember the day he wrote it he spent quite a few minutes working on it, and then came up and handed it to me and said, as he often does "You're the best Mommy in the whole world," (by the way, it's not true, but I'm glad I've duped him into believing it for the time being). He wanted to write I Love You, but since his writing skills are still developing, he wrote what he knew how to write, "Yes Mom", with a beautiful, sketchy heart. Never before has the word yes been so sincerely felt. I love that guy.

Yes Jack.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

incredibly sweet.