Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Orbeez: The New Moon Sand


Okay, so you know those toys you hate and your kids love?

Here's a list:

Moon Sand, Play-dough, Anything Noisy, Things They Get In Party Gift Bags That End Up All Over The House.

You know what I mean. And the list goes on and on.

Here's a new one for the list: Orbeez. Max saw some at school and HAD TO HAVE THEM. We looked around, and couldn't find them anywhere but Big Lots, which should have been my first clue. They are these little granules that come in packets and then enlarge when put in water into these Boba sized balls that I am desperately trying to keep from ending up all over my house. But the kids LOVE THEM. I mean, like play with them for a half hour with no fighting love them. So, I guess I am mildly recommending them?

Wait, did I just say that?

I do have to admit they are kind of pretty suspended in a glass of water.

I'm a sucker for aesthetics. If only Moon Sand was so pretty!

2 comments:

Mikilani said...

We used these during our Mommy & Me preschool and the kids went nuts! Sean couldn't stop touching them... Ours were a little different though. The mom who brought them said she found them in the floral department at Walmart. They're "water beads" or something like that. The only drawback to the ones we had were that the little ones liked to squish them and they got a little messy! Love the picture. All the pretty colors are very mesmerizing... Hope you are well! :)

Elizabeth said...

Hi, Laura.

Fun to talk to you tonight and get to know you a bit better. And thanks for welcoming me to book group. Looking forward to it.

xoxo