Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Heated Argument

One of the best things about our new house is the passive solar heat we get from the placement of the south windows. We find that we often have to turn the heat down, especially in the middle of the day. But when we wake up in the morning, it's cold, so I usually turn the heat up to get the house warmed up.

Almost every day, just after I turn on the heat, I feel it get cold again. When I check the thermostat I see that the heat has been turned back down. Only one answer to that: Steve. I love that he is very environmentally aware, but, come on, it's cold.

So, the other day when I felt the house go cold again, I yelled "Steeeve? Would you stop turning the heat down?" And he came back and said we didn't need it turned up and blah, blah, blah. I said "It's cold." He said "I like it cold." BIG MISTAKE. I said "If you like it so cold, why don't you go out in the snow in your underwear?" Well, the boys were there laughing their heads off at the idea, so there was only one thing for Steve (who truly is an exhibitionist at heart) to do:

The bonus part is the heat has stayed up ever since.

Guess we all know who won that argument.

1 comments:

Kate said...

That's hilarious! We keep our house cold, too. Sometimes I hate being environmentally friendly, because 64 makes me shiver. I turn it up when we have guests over, and the rest of the day, I wear my bathrobe over my clothes!