Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hidden Treasures

Okay, so this one isn't about the new house, but I actually found something I love about ALL THOSE BOXES I had in storage for the past year. Once we got them to the new place I just looked at them and wondered what in the world was in them and why I couldn't just load them in the back of the car and donate whatever was inside. I told my new neighbor, Louise, this and she said I should just do it, but I said there might be something worthwhile in there. And boy, was I right. Check this one out:


It's a picture of Steve, in full cowboy gear, taken when he was probably four our five years old. I loved these two photos when his Mom gave them to us, and then spent FOREVER looking for a cool frame they would work in. Luckily, I found this one at Pottery Barn after months of carrying the photos around in my wallet, searching wherever frames were sold.

I love these photos for so many reasons, for the retro colors, the fact that the photos have the cool white borders you never find on photos anymore, the fact that Steve's brother Jay is wearing his holster and gun crooked so it looks more like a g-string, but most of all I love it because I love Steve, and having this little glimpse into his childhood is such a treat.

One box down, about 4 million more to go...

0 comments: