Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mad Fan

So, I've promised everyone that I would take it easy for the next couple of days so I will, hopefully, be able to kick the sickness, so that can only mean one thing: a trip to the video store. I know that I'm way behind the times, but I finally rented the first season of Mad Men, and let me tell you, I was hooked after the first episode. If all goes well, I will have watched the whole first season by the time Monday rolls around. So, to celebrate my new obsession, I decided to Mad Man myself. I think it pretty accurately captures what I would look like if I were a secretary in a Madison Avenue ad agency back in the sixties, don't you? Even down to the doughnut as my vice. If only they had had Diet Coke back then.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of all the drinking, smoking, and all the sexist remarks, but, honestly, if I could transport myself right now to Sterling Cooper, I'd put up with all of it just for the clothes alone.

2 comments:

lara said...

I binge watched the first two seasons over two weeks this summer--just saw that there are some episodes online! I heart that show a lot! Hope you feel better soon.

Cha Cha Snow said...

I knew you'd be hooked!