Saturday, August 22, 2009

Seems Like Old Times

I was lucky enough to happen upon Annie Hall tonight on PBS. It took me back, way back, to college when a guy I was dating at the time was shocked and amazed I hadn't seen it, and jumped into the car that very moment to rent it. From that first viewing, I became an obsessive Woody Allen fan, and have now seen every movie Woody Allen has ever made. And Annie Hall, I mean, really, is there any more perfect movie in the world?

The closing scene reminded me of all the relationships I was in before Steve, and all the things I learned from them, mostly about myself. And I felt this real gratitude for who I became from all those experiences, and was just really glad that all of those people shared part of their lives with me. And how they all led me to someone like Steve.

So, this little snippet is to all those guys, and a special thank you to Matt for jumping in his car that night and introducing me to one of my favorite things in the whole world.

0 comments: