Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Sorta Father's Day

We celebrated Father's Day today instead of a week ago because we had just returned from our week long cruise and a) I had nothing to give Steve for Father's Day, and b) I had no energy to put anything together for Father's Day. So, today we had his favorite dinner, Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Lemon Spaghetti, salad, bread and my Famous Triple Layer Chocolate Cake. We invited my parents eat dinner with us so we could celebrate my Dad too.

I have to say here and now, that I am so lucky to have my Dad. He's a great friend, has taught me some of life's most valuable lessons, and is someone I can always count on. If everyone on the planet had a Dad like him, this world would be a much, much better place.

And as for Steve, well, he rocks. When we were at his brother's wedding a couple of months ago I thought back to how I felt about him when we got married, and it's funny to say I loved him then because the way I love him now makes that kind of "just married" love seem so trivial. And he's an amazing father that is a HUGE part of Max and Jack's lives. If everyone in the world had a Dad like him, the world would be a much, much better place too.

If only we could figure out how to clone these two guys, we might just have a chance of figuring out that World Peace problem.

HAPPY SORTA FATHER'S DAY!

0 comments: