Friday, June 26, 2009

The Terminal

The day we got off the boat to come home we found ourselves in the airport at about 10 AM and didn't have a flight until 5 pm (it was the only direct flight of the day, which after our very bad layover in Atlanta, was worth the wait). But the question loomed: What do you do with 27 people (15 of which are kids) in the airport for all that time?

First of all, we were in the Orlando airport which has a ton of shops and restaurants, so we did a lot of walking around. I was really excited to see that they had a Lush shop, which I was totally addicted to in London. We don't have one locally, so I stocked up on my favorite Butterball Bath Bombs and some hair products. The boys both got a little treat too:

These guys have an unhealthy attachment to Lilo and Stitch.

And there was a lot of fun playing with the cousins (and thanks to Lynette who had the forethought to pack a big bucket of play dough). Jack found it a good opportunity to bust out his dance moves.

When we finally went through security to get on our flight, the boys loved sitting at the front of the train to our gate.

In the end, it was a whole lotta time to spend in an airport, but the boys didn't complain once since they got to hang out with all their cousins. I wasn't complaining because of my new Lush buys.

I did kind of feel like I was living the Tom Hanks movie The Terminal, but in the end it was a great chance to hang out with family.

Not bad at all.

0 comments: