Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Gonna Let Him Fly

I was reminded the other day of one of my all time favorite albums, Living With Ghosts, by Patty Griffin. I discovered it back in the nineties when I was going through my girl with guitar phase of music appreciation, but this one stood the test of time far better than the rest. The whole album is incredible, but my favorite song on the album is "I'm Gonna Let Him Fly". It reminds me of that moment that you finally realize that man is no good for you and it's time to move on. Unfortunately that was a moment I experienced more than I care to admit in my single days, but I learned my lesson. This is a live version, which is still great, but no where near as good as the original recording.



I do have to report that I was quite disturbed to find out has been covered by The Dixie Chicks, but I'll forgive Patty for letting them record it. I guess you can't hold a good song down. You gotta let it fly.

0 comments: