Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Official: I'm A Soccer Mom

Well, anyone who knows me knows that I don't like sports. Actually, I really, really don't like sports on many levels. They bore me. I think people put way too much time, energy and (especially) money into them. I think they are used way too often to create a false sense of masculinity and strength. I could go on, but I'll spare you.

But I love Max, and he wanted to play soccer, so here I am. I love to watch him play because he's so sweet. Whenever he has a chance to kick the ball he runs up to it, and then stops to think about how he's going to kick it, and before he can make up his mind, someone else has knocked it down the field. I love that he wants to do it all right, but I hope that soccer will teach him to get a little bit more out of his head (like I'm one to talk). And he gets so excited when his team gets a goal, it's worth all the extra times at games and practice and the time spent sitting in the late summer heat.

What can I say, I love that guy.

0 comments: