Tuesday, February 23, 2010

At Notre Dame Cathedral

The first day the students got here we took them to the Hotel De Ville Metro stop to catch a river cruise, and Steve said "We won't be able to see Notre Dame today," with Notre Dame pronounced with a very American accent, and I said, a little under my breath, "because Notre Dame is in Indiana." And the funny thing is, he keeps calling it by the name of the University and I tease him every time.

And I enjoy it fully.

But we still hadn't taken the kids to see Notre Dame (pronounced with a French accent this time) so decided to go the other day. We downloaded the animated Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame for them to watch on the plane ride over, and, although I am not a huge fan of Disney, I have to thank them for getting them excited to see it.

And it did not disappoint.

The famous Rosetta stained glass windows in all their glory.

The boys both loved the lit candles in Notre Dame, and we made a donation to light one too. They asked me what they were for, I told them that it was like saying a prayer. They liked that idea.

Being statues in front of Notre Dame as one of those fabulous gypsy women came up to ask if we spoke English.

We didn't answer. Is that so wrong?
I'm thinking it's a good thing we lit that candle.

0 comments: