Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Trish!

Today is Trish's birthday, and I wanted to write her a quick little post to tell her all the things that make me glad she's my friend:

She's one of the most friendly people I've met. She'll walk up to just about anyone to get to know the. That's how we met, in our kid's swimming class, and we hit it off right away.

She's one of the bravest women I know because she had her kids at the ages of 44 and 46 (except she's just turning 39...).


You can talk to her about anything. She's a great listener, gives great advice, and is always willing to help you talk through a problem.

She's always there for you if you need her. There's been a couple of times she's swooped in to save the day when I had to go to the emergency room with food poisioning and there was no one to watch the kids. And to watch Max when I had to take Jack to the after hours pediatician with croup when Steve was out of town. She's just that kind of person; you can count on her, and that's a real friend.

She's so much fun on a girl's night out. She loves all the same resturants and food I do, loves to shop in all the same places, and all the same desserts.

She has two amazingly beautiful kids, and is such a great Mom to them. She gets them out and about to do so many fun things, she reads to them, and really enjoys them. That's a great Mom.

Basically, I love Trish, and am so glad she's my friend.

Happy Birthday To You!

1 comments:

Patricia said...

Laura - so glad I still have an accent so we could become friends! Your 'quick little post' is one of my favorite b-day presents - you're too nice! Thanks for being you and for being there for me and so many others - you're a true friend.