Sunday, February 8, 2009

CRASH! Part Deux

If you have ever considered buying a Volvo Cross Country, you may want to take the following into consideration: If you ever accidently hit a garbage can, going less than 15 mph, this very well may happen...

...and it will cost you $650 to fix it. Oh no, that's no typo, that's six hundred and fifty big ones.

But I digress.

The story actually begins with what I am now calling The Great Crash of 2009 on Tuesday morning. My head was still reeling about that big fiasco on Wednesday when I left to drop the kids at school and hit yoga so I could finally unwind. I had been especially been looking forward to it since Jack had school off on Monday and I didn't get my yoga in then, and with the hard drive fiasco, my chakras were a real mess. Anyway, get the boys in the car, pull out of the driveway (by the way, did I mention that Wednesday is trash pick up day?), start heading down the street to school when all of a sudden, BAM! I looked over to see what I had hit, and there was my poor passenger side mirror, hanging like a dislodged eyeball dangling from it's socket. I was surprised since I've had some minor hits on it before and since it's hinged it usually just knocks it forward. Well, once we got to Max's school I got out and got the bad news, this mirror was beyond repair I could handle, and since it's got an electrical system in it, I knew I had to leave it to the professionals.

Thus the $650.

I know Mama said there'd be days like this, but weeks? COME ON!

The saga of the week from hell continues tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Poor you, Laura. I'm so sorry!