Sunday, July 12, 2009

I ♥ Trader Joe's

I know it's kinda crazy to love a grocery store, but I do love Trader Joe's. I look forward to shopping there whenever I come to Southern California, and curse the fact that I do not have one locally every time I go back home.

My favorite thing at Trader Joe's? That's a tough one. I love all their amazing prepared salads. I love all their amazing chocolate covered stuff. I love their produce. I love the people working there that all seem like they must be smoking pot in the break room since they are so mellow and friendly.
Steve's favorite thing is the Chocolate Covered Joe-Joes, which are dark chocolate covered oreos. Awesome.

When we told the boys we were coming back to California we were naming off all the things we were going to do while we're here. First, "The Beach!" to which they gave me a yea! Then it was "Legoland", another yea! And then I said "Those really good waffle cookies with the carmel in the middle from Trader Joe's" and I got the loudest yea of all.

What can I say, I raised them to appreciate the finer things in life.

1 comments:

Take-a-Wipf said...

I'm fascinated by TJ's. There are several stores up here and I have many friends that share your love. I on the other hand always leave empty handed because I couldn't find anything I wanted. Maybe next time I should go with someone that has been converted already.