Thursday, July 9, 2009

R.I.P. P.Y.T.

I wanted to acknowledge the passing of Michael Jackson, but haven't because everyone else is talking about it and talking about it and talking about it. I'm pretty sick of it. I mean, he was an amazing entertainer and made great music, but really, is there nothing else going on in the world?

But I don't want to blame Michael Jackson for the stupidity of the media, so I had to say farewell and thank you to him. I thank him for giving us some of our favorite family dance sessions. Our favorite Michael Jackson dance tunes, Wanna Be Starting Something, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, and P.Y.T. We love our family dance times so much that we put an integrated stereo system into our new house. I can't wait for our first session with our favorite tunes.

But I also want to thank him for my kid's very favorite video to watch on YouTube, Leave Me Alone. Here it is:



I wonder if everyone had left him alone if he would still be here today? I guess we'll never know, but Michael can rest easy knowing that this family with be dancing to his tunes after dinner until the kids think it's stupid.

Maybe even after that, just to torment them. Who ever said parenting isn't fun?

0 comments: