Friday, January 22, 2010

At A Jewish-Tunisian Place in the 9eme Arrondissement

Today we took the kids out to a restaurant. This may not seem like a big deal but I hate to admit we have only taken them to McDonalds since we've been here. I know, what a typical ugly American I am, but if our last trip to San Francisco taught me anything it is that the more we spend on dinner, the less likely the kids are to eat it.
So, I was a little worried when we took the kids to a place in Monmarte called Restaurant La Boule Rouge that specializes in kosher Tunisian food. It's been around since the 70's and is a favorite with Parisians, even Nicolas Sarkozy, who is seen in multiple photos on the wall enjoying the food. And, if it's good enough for the President of France, the boys should like it too, right? Well, Sarkozy may be onto something because surprise, surprise, they loved it, especially the couscous. Check it out:

Okay, so they did eat a lot of bread.

The students enjoying their meal.

They didn't like this stuff too much.

But (I think) Emily and Rosalie did.

And Ariel, who's birthday is coming up, got cake too.

After the fun and the food, it was home on the Metro.
Thanks to Angela for this great shot of all the Ricks together.

So now I'm thinking I'm going to be making couscous once a week, at least. When you find something the kids like, especially in France, you've gotta run with it.

0 comments: