Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Forever Young

Don't read any further until you cue up this song to get you in the right frame of mind. Okay, now you're ready.

Any of you who are my Facebook friends already saw this picture, but I thought it too good to keep from everyone. This is me (in the black and white dress) at my Senior Dance the last day of high school in 1986. My friend, Tiffny (that's spelled right, no last vowel for some reason) spent way too much time together. I have no idea what happened with the guy she's with, I just remember his name was Brett and Rachel (in the white lace dress) and Tiffny picked both their dates up when they were out cruising around one Saturday night when I had to work at my fast food restaurant job. Tiffny and I had a big falling out soon after this, but when I posted this on Facebook I found her and tried to add her as a friend so she could share the joy, but she DENIED MY FRIENDSHIP! I mean, HELLO, that was over 20 years ago.

Some people.

My friend Rachel (who looks like she's wearing a wedding dress) married the guy that she picked up cruising less than a year later, and they are still married today. Awesome.

I loved that dress I'm wearing, even though it looks like something between a zebra print and amoebas splitting. I thought it was tres hip in back in the day. The guy I'm with was really the friend of the guy I really liked who was playing sax in the band that night (I always had a thing for musicians), but we stayed in touch for a while and hung out a lot after college. He is now a very hip photographer, artist, musician all around Renaissance man in NYC. Check him out.

All I can say from this is I am so glad I got rid of the crunchy hair, I mean, what was I thinking? I was growing out my 80's boy haircut, but COME ON!

Well, there you go. Hope you enjoyed it. Now I have to get back to packing.

By the way, did you realize that we leave for Paris in FIVE DAYS. Okay, I really have to get back to packing.

0 comments: