Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Perfect Evening

I just wanted to write a quick post about the absolutely fabulous evening we had last night! At least a month ago, my good friend Trish asked me what we should do for my 40th birthday. My first reaction was NOTHING because I hate surprise parties and was fearful of black balloons and a headstone shaped cake. I told Trish if she cared about me at all there would be no surprise, no cake, and something very tasteful. We ended up deciding on a dinner with twelve good friends at Sundance, and it was perfect! Great friends, great conversation, great food, and even though they did slip in a birthday panna cotta with a candle and a table of twelve singing Happy Birthday, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Here's a short video:



Thanks to Trish and everyone for sharing my birthday with me. I am incredibly lucky to have such great friends, including the ones that couldn't be there. Who could ask for anything more!

2 comments:

mirjam said...

lovely evening, great conversation and best of all: a great beginning of a new decade. bravo to really good friends and our babysitters!

Cha Cha Snow said...

We had a great time, and for another year, I can tease you about being 40.