Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back To Reality

One of the things I do that drives Steve crazy (and not in a good way), is how whenever he brings up something I don't want to talk about (like the fact he has to go on a five day work trip or has to work late) I just brush him off and tell him we'll talk about it later. It's a pretty futile ploy since he still goes on those trips and works late, whether we talk about it or not.

Well, this whole trip to California, and especially it's four day extension, has just been another one of my avoidance tactics. But it worked, at least for nine days, and I feel much more ready to hit the day to day and my dreaded contractor.

Denial may not just be a river in Egypt, but I've been riding it for over a week, and I have to say it's been a lovely trip.

0 comments: