Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day with Five Other Mothers

So I didn't realize it when we planned the Girl's Trip months ago that we would be out of town on Mother's Day, so I felt a little bad about missing it at home with Steve and the boys. Well, until this morning when I realized I could do anything I wanted today, and so this is what we did:

Brunch Al's In The Village diner, a classic:

All the Moms (except me) having brunch sitting outdoors in the So Cal sun.

And a self-portrait to prove I was having a great time too.

My favorite breakfast at Al's, the California Bennie, which includes grilled turkey breast, avocados, and hollandaise sauce. Did I ever mention I could probably drink a 32 ounce Big Gulp of hollandaise sauce given the chance?

Then it was off to the nail salon for a pedicure and some crazy, tricked out toes.

And, best of all, a long nap and nothing to have to do for the rest of the day. I look forward to getting back, but I'm loving the time with the ladies. Love it, love them, love everyone at home. It's been a great Mother's Day.

0 comments: