Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Swellagant!

I never fail to be amazed by the hipness of the local high school radio station. Not only is it commercial free, but they play about 80% fantastic music. And it's run by high school students.
I was reminded of it's coolness the other day while driving to the gym and hearing David Byrne's version of "Don't Fence Me In," which I first heard oh so many years ago on the album Red, Hot + Blue: A Tribute to Cole Porter. Cha-cha had this album when we were roomates and I absolutely loved it. Here's a video of "Don't Fence Me In" that shows you what I mean:



Then, after being reminded of this fantastic and somewhat obscure album, I recalled my favorite track on it, "Well Did You Evah!" by Iggy Pop and Deborah Harry. Here's another video to show you why I love Debbie Harry so:



Needless to say, these songs were downloaded from iTunes immediately.

0 comments: