Friday, January 16, 2009

When The Tile Gods Close A Door, They Open A Really Cool Website

So, I think I really did find the tile from the Caesarstone website gallery today at a tile showroom. This showroom also had the Interstyle tile, and it was cool, but I also found this tile from Mirage Tile, but it was a mere $52.73 a sq. ft., which might as well be $75 a square foot as far as I'm concerned. I guess I'll have to let the cool backsplash from the Caesarstone website go. I think I'll survive.
The positive side of this sad news is that through all this research I've found a great website called modwalls that has the coolest tile at really great prices. If you go for their Brio glass mosaic tile you're only spending $4.25 - $4.50 per sq. ft. and their highest end glass tile is only $21.50 per square foot. I've ordered a bunch of samples that should be coming soon, so I'll let you know what I think. Be sure to check out their gallery and the new idea I have for the tile in our master bath:

I think we'll go for a less intense blue, but I still love the look; not too busy, very linear, minimal, and modern. If we decide we can't do this, we'll probably go for the Brio in a similar color. One way or another, I will have great tile.

Now I just have to figure out the whole kitchen faucet thing.

To Karbon or not to Karbon. That is the question.

1 comments:

ModWalls Designer-Rebecca said...

Hi Rick! I love your blog and love the fact that you've mentioned us today! Thank you very much. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you...and in case you did not notice, we have some new 1/2 x 2 glass tile in our Lush line in single colors at this link:
https://www.modwalls.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=26

Kind regards,
Rebecca Co-Founder and Designer of modwalls.com