Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Tile Plot Thickens...

So, out of desperation, I resorted to calling Caesarstone to get the info on the cool green kitchen backsplash from the gallery on their website, and when I told the customer service lady that I had a weird question, She stopped me right there and said "You mean the green mosaic tile, right?" I was amazed, and said yeah, that's it exactly, and why didn't I do this earlier. And then she says "Yeah, but I can't tell you who makes it." What? Of course, I asked why, and she gave me some line about they have a lot of products by a lot of manufacturers in their gallery, and they don't want to misrepresent them. She was nice enough to say that it is a glass tile, and that if I did a Google search for glass tile I might find something. I asked her if she could give me a little more of a hint. She said maybe I could Google green glass tile, then look under images. Oooh, the intrigue. I have to say, to her credit, she gave all this veiled information with a audible smile, so I wasn't too bothered by it, as bizzare as it was.
So, after a few Google searches I found this picture, and I think I have it:

Turns out it's a company called Interstyle Ceramic & Glass. Of course, they're in Canada. There was a local place listed that sold it, but I called them and talked to some tile installation guy that didn't know what I was talking about, but he said he would have someone get back to me. I'm not holding my breath. I also called Interstyle directly, but got put on indefinite hold waiting for a sales rep, so I haven't confirmed this for sure, but I think I may have found my tile. Now I'm just hoping it isn't $75 a sq. ft. like the stuff I love from Heath Ceramics. Call me a dreamer.

1 comments:

mirjam said...

i love love love that tile. please find it, then splurge on it, so i can come to your house and admire it often!