Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day At The Zoo With Jack

If I'm completely honest, I really don't love taking the kids to the zoo. It probably has something to do with the fact that they either get bored or tired or its too crowded or its too hot. Often all the kids want to do is play on the playground rather than look at the animals, and I find myself asking why I paid the admission fee when I could have just taken them to the park.

Well, my visit to the zoo with Jack yesterday was nothing like my other experiences. It was a beautiful spring day with sunny, cool weather and no crowds. And Jack was totally into the animals, and the animals were totally doing their thing instead of sitting like lumps in their cages like they often do in the summer. We had such a good time, and Jack was totally into looking at the animals; I think we saw every single one. Here's some photos:

The monkeys were putting on a show everywhere we turned.

When do peacocks ever do this when you have a camera? Never. Except yesterday.

Jack loved the gorillas. One was drinking out of a big bucket and then dropped it and it rolled down the hill and woke up the other one sleeping by the wall. Jack thought it was hilarious, and we all thought it was hilarious when Jack reenacted the whole scenario at dinner.

Jack was able to get up close and personal with the giraffes. So much so, in fact, that he saw that the giraffes tongue is long enough to fit halfway up his nostril. What boy wouldn't love that?

Even the bats were awake and eating when we were there. Now, that's a great trip to the zoo.

And when we were done seeing every animal on display in the zoo, there was the carousel and the playground to add to the experience.


We had so much fun! Wish Max and Steve could have been with us.

After this great visit I finally get why people bring their kids to the zoo. Hopefully this wasn't a fluke, and we have a lot of great zoo visits in our future.

0 comments: