Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Will Blog For Tile






Some things are just meant to be. Call it kismet, luck, or destiny, but, in my case, I call it good tile karma.

While on my quest for great tile a few months ago I wrote this post about modwalls, a great tile website I found through Google. A day later Rebecca, one of the co-founders and designers at modwalls, left this comment on my post (I've since forgiven her for calling me Rick). I was glad she liked what I said and I went ahead with my plans to use quite a few modwalls products in our new house.

But the plot thickened while I was perusing their site a couple of nights later. I saw they had a career section, and I clicked just to see what kind of cool jobs a cool website like this might be offering. There was a listing for guest bloggers, and I had an inkling that this just might be a match made in heaven.

So I contacted Rebecca, told her about "Our Ibiza", and asked if she would like me to do some blogs about building our new house and our modwalls experience. She was down with it, and then in checking out their blog I saw they were using a standard blogger template, so I threw in a template redesign to sweeten the deal for her. She loved the idea. So, now I'm kinda, sorta employed by this really cool website and will be writing posts about once a week through choosing, ordering, and installing our tile. Really, of all the tile options I looked into (and believe me, there were many) modwalls was the obvious choice. You can read the reasons why on my first post.

But just for you, my loyal readers, here's a sneak peek at some of their products we'll be using:

Cool orange (or Sherbet) ModDotz penny round tile for the kid's bathroom. I love these because they're at the same time retro and modern, and perfect for what I'm calling our Neo-Mid-Century house.

3 x 6 Lush Glass Subway Tile in Vapor. I love, love, love this tile, and it is really the perfect shade of blue. This will be going in our master bathroom and it will be straight set like in this photo from the modwalls portfolio:


ModRocks Denali Pebble Tile will also be going in the master bath, but I'll keep how we're using it a secret at this point. You'll just have to tune in to see how it works with the glass tile.

And for our powder room we're using 1/2 x 2 Lush glass tile in Moss. I love this color because it's modern and sleek but still has a lot of earthiness to it, so it will fit into the aesthetic of our house's surroundings.

But I have to admit that I really didn't know just how destined my relationship with modwalls was until I found Rebecca is also obsessed with Orla Kiely.

Like I said, some things are just meant to be.

1 comments:

Yarn Tourist said...

Congratulations on your first guest-blog posting!