Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Millionth Date With Steve

Well, maybe a million dates is pushing it, but sometimes it feels like a million years between dates for us. I loved our night out on Friday, and had to take some photos of our beautiful Thai food from Sawdee:

My favorite salad, Som Tum, or Green Papaya Salad. I love this stuff because it reminds me of a salad I used to get at our favorite Thai place in London, The Thai Pot. It has this crazy-good dressing and the green papaya tastes like nothing else I've ever had. One of the things I require Thai food to include is super fresh vegetables. This place surpasses my high standards, and they don't overcook the veggies, so they're amazing. Most Thai places don't even include this salad because it requries so many quality ingredients, so I was so happy to see that Sawdee does it. It comes with sticky rice which I mix together with it and it's so, so, so, so, good.

My favorite soup, Tom Kah Gai, which I'm guessing translates into Heroin Soup, because I am totally addicted to it. I've actually dreamed about this soup. That's when you know you've got a problem. I could drink a 32 ounce Big Gulp of the stuff (although it might be tough to get the mushrooms and chicken through the straw).

My favorite dish on the menu that night, and the Pad Thai wasn't too bad either.

0 comments: