Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cold Hard Casch

Like I mentioned in my first post, one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog was to end my addiction to Ebay. Luckily, I've been more hooked on selling things vs. buying things lately, and I am happy to report I have made close to $2,000 in the last few months selling old clothing and jewelry items. I have to say that I am always amazed how much people will spend on my old Banana Republic sweaters and J. Crew skirts I bought during my working days. I have been spending the money on updating my wardrobe, which has been fun. I've purchased way too much from Boden and some great stuff from Anthropologie, but I had a little Ebay relapse the other day and found this gorgeous sweater:



It is from the amazing Danish clothing company Casch Copenhagen. I purchased one of their sweater coats from Anthropologie last year that I absolutely love and I saw this one and was completely smitten. One person is selling it for $189 on Ebay (it originally sold for $268), and that was too rich for my blood, but someone else just listed it and started the bidding at $0.99 and I was totally obsessed. I emailed the seller to see if she would offer a Buy It Now option, which she said she would for $170, but that was still too much for me, so I told her I would just watch it. She replied and said she has 41 people watching it when the listing had only been up 24 hours. Bummer. Of course I am still checking on it, but it looks like I won't be getting this one. I just had to share this beautiful sweater on my blog so you could squint and at try to visualize me wearing it, because this is probably the only way you will ever see me in it. Check out my restraint (we'll see if it lasts, the auction ends on September 18th).

0 comments: