Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet Another Reason to Love Tina Fey

How do I love Tina Fey? Let me count the ways:
  1. She helped me have faith in SNL again. She is the only funny thing to come out of that mess in a very, very, very long time. Will Ferrell included.
  2. She has that scar and doesn't try to hide it. 
  3. She does a spot on Sarah Palin imitation.
  4. She has contributed the expletive "Blerg!" to the English language. And my vocabulary.
  5. She's a Mom. And she can really work a pair of Mom Jeans.
And at the Emmys the other night, she gave me yet another reason to worship her when she gave some of the best parenting advice I've heard in years. She said "I thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities. Well done. That is what all parents should do." Of course it was said in her usual self-deprecating way, but I found it inspiring and makes me want to be a parent like that. Now I just have to figure out how to do it. Thanks, Tina, for setting the bar for all of us as parents, and I only hope I'm able to do it half as well as your parents did.

0 comments: