Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Five Stars

One of the things that I wish I was better at is understanding what my husband does for a living. He composes contemporary art music (similar to Philip Glass, who many have heard of). Not being musically inclined, I really don't get it, but I have learned tons in the 10+ years we've been married. The music is dense, difficult stuff, but I love that he is creative and so dedicated to making everything he writes the best it can be. That said, I have to admit that he also drives me crazy when he is working on a piece and ALWAYS goes past his deadline, mostly because it means he's gone a lot trying to get things finished up to his high standards. He is an incredibly laid back person, and a wonderful father and husband, but his inner perfectionist comes out big time when it comes to his work (and, for some strange reason, getting to the airport really early). But it looks like it has paid off due to the fantastic five-star review he just got from BBC Music Magazine for his new CD Mild Violence:

I've given him a five star rating for being the best person I know for a long time now, but it's nice that someone else recognizes his excellence.

1 comments:

Kate said...

that's great! congrats, steve! and happy birthday, laura! (facebook is great sometimes--it always gives me birthday reminders!)