Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jumping on the Blog Bandwagon

I never thought I'd have a blog. I guess it has something to do with the fact that every time I sit down to start a blog I'm exhausted by the time I've got the template and layout all done so I never get around to writing. Well, I guess it really has more to do with the fact that every time I sit down to try and write a post, I feel like I'm writing some horrid cover letter for a job I'm trying to get and I have to make myself sound good. I just bring that up because I've decided this blog is going to have nothing to do with making me or my family sound good. I'm just going to call them like I see them, and hopefully someone (other than me) will find it interesting.
This is also an attempt to make me better at a) keeping a running commentary of my family's life, b) keep in touch with my family and friends I don't see often, and c) ending my addiction to selling stuff on Ebay. I've also been inspired by my friends Mirjam and Janell, who both have blogs that I check in on regularly, as well as the queen mother of all bloggers, dooce, who I think is brilliant, but if you are easily offended, don't click that link, okay? All these people have made me realize that there are fascinating things that happen in our every day lives, and we just are too busy to see them. Hopefully this will help me slow down, which I am learning through practicing yoga, is something I'm not very good at. Well, I hope you all enjoy. On with the blog...

1 comments:

mirjam said...

i'm so pleased to see you here... it will be a pleasure to partake of your writing. can't wait to start "real" life again and hang out with you!