Monday, September 22, 2008

You're Not A Woman, You're A Mom

There have been a lot of Mom Jeans sightings in my world lately, and they always make me wonder 1) how in the world we ever thought these were sexy, and 2) why do people still wear them? Why, why, why? I mean, are they really comfortable? How can they be? I hate to admit I have some photos of me wearing them back in the day, but hello, that was 1993. When we were at the Fall Festival at Max's school the other day there was more than one sighting. All I can say is these pants can make any normal, attractive woman look like she weighs at least 20 pounds more than she does, and like Jerry Seinfeld said of sweatpants, definitely send the message "World, I give up."
I was at Ikea the other day with Cha Cha Snow and saw a pair of Mom Jeans in action, and I had to ask her if she had seen the Mom Jeans Commercial from Saturday Night Live. Cha Cha had, but just in case there is anyone left on the planet who hasn't, enjoy!

0 comments: