Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Milk Factory

As I've mentioned before, we have a family tradition of watching some of our favorite music videos on You Tube after dinner. Last night at dinner Jack asked us if we could watch "The Milk Factory" video. Steve and I looked at each other hoping the other one knew what he meant, but we were baffled. We asked Jack more about the video, and he said "You know, the one with the guys running." Still nothing. So we kept drilling him and I finally realized he was talking about this one by A-ha:



I'm sure it's been way too long since you've seen it, so I thought I'd share. I used to think that A-ha's lead singer, Morten Harket, was soooo dreamy. Anyway, we were still asking Jack why he called this "The Milk Factory" while we were watching it, and then at a certain point we saw the sign for milk in the diner (it shows up at about 0:40 in the video, and then can be seen in a lot of the "real world" shots). We found it hilarious when we figured it out, but it also was pretty exciting when we realized that since there is no picture that refers to milk on the sign (or the video), that he is actually starting to read. This has always been one of my favorite music videos, but now I have another great memory (other than high school dances and Friday Night Videos) to go along with it. 

0 comments: