Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Retroactive Back To School Blog

Since I just started this blog, I missed one of the monumental blog moments last month: The first day of school. Max started 1st grade a year ahead of schedule, and Jack is in his second year of preschool. It is Max's first year in public school, so he had a lot to get used to. Spending a whole day away from home was hard on him at first, and he even had one day of crying and saying he didn't want to go, but now he jumps out of the car at the drop off without missing a beat and seems really happy to be there. Jack is enjoying his time at school too, and likes the days he gets to do cooking projects in the kitchen the best. I have started dropping him off at the drop off instead of walking him in every day like I used to. I was really hesitant to do this because I thought it was lazy and that Jack would be traumatized, but his teacher suggested it and said it is usually less traumatic for the kids when you leave because it happens quicker. I'll admit, I was skeptical, but after the first couple of days Jack asked me to drop him off and pick him up at the back. Yesterday I had to go in to pick him up so I could set an appointment for a parent/teacher conference and he was mad and told me to go back and get in the car and come pick him up at the back. He was so emphatic about it I almost gave in, but finally was able to convince him that it would be okay if he just came out the front with me this one time. Seems like Max and Jack aren't the only ones with some growing up to do.


Max with his Transformers lunchbox and Jack with his school book bag. Max was so excited about his new lunchbox (that he got to pick out himself), he took it his meet the teacher night the week before school.

0 comments: