Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas To All, And To All A Good Night

Tonight we got ready for Santa with the boys by putting out the Reindeer Food they made at Jack's school Christmas party. It is oatmeal ground up with gold glitter, and the kids are supposed to spread it around on the front lawn on Christmas Eve to help Santa's reindeer see our house better. I love to see the seriousness in the boys while performing this task, and the faith they have when it comes to the lies we tell them about Santa. Every year I wonder why we keep it up and lead them to what will inevitably end in disappointment. It seems a little bit cruel at times, and maybe we shouldn't, but I still love memories of when I still believed Santa was real. I guess that's why I do it.

Jack spreading his Reindeer Food. He wanted to leave a little pile on the front steps.

Max took to the task and spread his Reindeer Food on our lawn and the neighbors. Way to spread the joy, and its a good thing our lawn is really tiny this year.

We also left cookies for Santa, and Jack loved holding the plate for me while I loaded it up with treats for Santa, and took his job very seriously.

Little Jackie Lou Who, who was one more than two.


Having kids at Christmas is really where it's at.

0 comments: