Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Ibiza - Chapter 6: The Shape of Things To Come

Well, the framing of our new house is almost done, and it is so amazing to see it come to life. I don't have many pictures, but here are a few:

Two photos of the construction of the roof. Its completely on now, but I forgot to get a picture of it from the front when I was there yesterday looking around.

This is what the house will look like when it's finished, if I don't waffle on the color selection again. I was thinking of doing something funky with the color of the garage, but our architect came up with this color combination and we liked it much better. We were thinking of doing a board & batten siding on the green portion of the house, but now we see it mocked up we are thinking of going to a horizontal clapboard. Or maybe that will change too. I'd love any and all opinions on this one if you want to take a minute to comment.

This is another house in our area with board & batten siding for a frame of reference:

A shot from the back of the property, looking at the back of the house (this with the roof on). There will be a deck off the back.

The 3-D model of what the back of the house will look like when finished.
Again, it's all subject to change at any moment.

Here's a super-short video of the interior framing of the main floor. It shows the laundry room, the living area, the kitchen area, and the upstairs master bedroom.



Here's what it should look like when it's done:


I've been amazed at the relative calm I've felt over most of this project. At first I was stressed when we were making the decision, but once it was made, I've been doing great. Until just lately. For some reason all the decisions are looming, and I am feeling a bit freaked out. Unfortunately, this is just the way I am. Maybe I should cut down on the caffeine and do a bit more yoga.

1 comments:

lara said...

i always admire the board and batten house when i pass it, though i never before knew that that was what it was called. i like it, too, because it looks modern but not trendy.