Friday, November 28, 2008

Cousins, Cousins, and More Cousins! Oh Yeah, And Then There's Those Other Cousins!

I grew up with only two first cousins. I guess to some people this isn't so strange, but where I live, it is. Most people have hoards of cousins here, and Steve even has some cousins he's never met before. I find this utterly bizarre. I come from a long line of small families, and Steve comes from a long line of big families, with some polygamists thrown in to keep it interesting (and confusing).
Since we don't live in the same town as his family, it is always fun for Max and Jack to get together with their many cousins and get to know them better. It was fun this week to have Steve's brother Brian, his wife Holly, and their four kids drop in for a visit. Its so much fun to hear the boys laughing and having fun, and they are totally exhausted afterwards. Here's some photos (special thanks to Janell for unknowingly lending us her yard while her family was out of town):




And then, on Thanksgiving, we got together with my side of the family, and more and more cousins. I spent every holiday with my two cousins (both boys, Ian & Mike, who I still adore), and now their kids and my kids are all spending the holidays together. It looks like even a long line of small families can create quite a hoard of cousins too. But luckily we still all know each other's names.

Steve playing games with Morgan, who is almost three.

Drawing on the sliding glass doors with Lewis, Adian, Morgan, and Tegan.

Jacob swinging in the backyard.

The New Cousin On The Block: Dylan.

Lewis the daredevil on the backyard swing.

0 comments: